Ep 13 - 3 reasons aromatherapy inhalers are a must have part of your essential oil kit
Aromatherapy Inhalers are super powerful because
- the sense of smell (the olfactory system) is directly connected to the limbic area of the brain, which is also known as the emotional brain.
- When you smell essential oils they don't need to pass through all the layers of skin, so they very quickly enter your bloodstream.
- When you smell essential oils they quickly reach the upper respiratory system and help conditions such as sinusitis and head colds.
3 types of inhalers
Plastic inhalers (least expensive but you only use them once)
3 things aromatherapy inhalers are particularly good for
- Anxiety & stress
- Sinusitis/Hay fever/Head colds
- 2 drops of Grapefruit essential oil,
- 2 drops of Lavender essential oil,
- 3 drops of Benzoin essential oil
- 3 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil.
Don't use lavender for anyone who's pregnant, don't use grapefruit on skin that will be exposed to bright sunlight or a sunbed within 48 hours.
Sinusitis/Hay fever/Head colds
- 7 drops of Eucalyptus,
- 7 drops of Chamomile
- 6 drops of Lavender.
Don't use lavender or Chamomile for anyone who's pregnant. A good alternative is 10 drops of Eucalyptus and 10 drops of Benzoin.
- 15 drops of Lavender
- 5 drops of Basil
Don't use Lavender, or Basil for anyone who's pregnant. A good alternative is 10 drops each of Benzoin and Eucalyptus.
Here's the links to the resources I mention in the podcast:-
Sign up for my free video course which walks you through multiple enjoyable, effective and 100% safe ways to use essential oils.
In my book, A Step By Step Guide To Aromatherapy For Common Ailments, you'll find over 30 easy but powerful recipes for 30 common physical ailments. The book is available on Amazon in kindle and paperback.
Learn how to nourish your skin, life your mood and boost your health in this video course which includes some of my favourite recipes including Cranky Day blend, Pain & Infection Zapper and lots more. The course is available with lifetime access for just €27.
You're very welcome to join my free Facebook group. It's a great place to ask questions and get support as you build and grow your aromatherapy or holistic therapy business. And to get some fantastic aromatherapy tips and information.